on her nails: jeanette

August 22, 2012

I’m so excited to introduce you to Jeanette, the first Glitter, She Wrote reader to be featured on the blog! We chatted about wedding nails last week, and I just had to show you the killer nails she ended up wearing to the event.

Where are you today? I’m at Perona Farms in New Jersey, attending my cousin’s wedding.

What are you wearing? I’m wearing Essie Olé Caliente with OPI Lincoln Park After Dark on the tips.

Salon or do-it-yourself?  Salon for this one cause I do not have a steady head. But usually I do them myself.

Why did you choose this color? I was undecided between three colors and after emailing you and getting your opinion, I chose the red color. But when I got to the salon I decided to add black tips to funk it up.

Why do you wear nail polish?  I’ve only started using nail polish consistently on my hands this year and I’ve haven’t missed a week yet. I love how it pulls an outfit together.  It truly is a great accessory.

If you could only wear one nail polish for the rest of your life, what would it be?  OPI I Vant To Be a Lonestar.  It goes with everything you wear but still has a cool element to get some attention.  And it looks great on your toes too.

Thanks, Jeanette! What’s on YOUR nails today? Yes, YOU! Let me know in the comments!
  1. August 23, 2012 2:32 AM

I’ve been enjoying your nail blog, and am so glad that you’re also blogging for Birchbox. I’m wearing Zoya’s “Morgan”, (fuchsia pink creme) on most of my fingers. My ring fingers are sporting a two coats of Wet n Wild’s “A Show at the Palladium”. It’s a really fun gold foil.

Like Jeanette, I’m a recent convert to everyday nail polish and I’m amazed at how pretty it makes me feel. Especially on days when my two toddlers get the best of me and I wonder if I remembered to put my deodorant on.

• August 23, 2012 5:33 AM

Zoya Morgan looks like a great shade – very similar to “Ali” which I love. You hit the nail on the head with the best thing about nail polish – it’s a small thing in the grand scheme of our lives, but such a great way to feel pretty and happy for just a few dollars and a few minutes. Thanks for commenting!

2. August 23, 2012 7:09 AM

As I mentioned before I absolutely love your “On Her Nails” posts. I especially like the fact that you chose to feature one of your readers this time…so great!

• August 23, 2012 1:18 PM

Thanks for commenting, Lindz! I’m hoping to feature more readers soon!

3. Jannel permalink
    August 23, 2012 1:18 PM

Jeanette’s wedding nails are super cute. I love the color combo and how they pop off her blue dress. I am currently wearing Sally Hansen’s Snappy Sorbet.

• August 23, 2012 1:20 PM

Yes, I love the red nail / blue dress combo she went with. Snappy Sorbet is the perfect shade for the final days of summer!