swatched: opi germany collection

August 3, 2012

It still feels like hot, sticky summer around here, but Fall and Winter collections are popping up everywhere I look. I’m not ready to retire my summer brights just yet, but there are definitely some winners in OPI’s latest, the Germany Collection. Here are a few quick finger swatches to give you a taste…

Thumb: Don’t Talk Bach To Me is a lime/yellow creme. I don’t love this shade on me, but for a polish in this tricky color, the formula is impressive.

Pointer: Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine! is a great dark, glossy grey. Nothing revolutionary here, but I always love a good grey and I’m sure I’ll be wearing this one a lot.

Middle: Berlin There Done That is a deep taupe/grey with a beautiful smooth formula.

Ring: Don’t Pretzel My Buttons!, a classic beige, applied to opacity in two coats. This is a fairly standard neutral polish that will likely work on a range on skin tones.

Pinky: I really like My Very First Knockwurst, a pale nude with a hint of pink. It’s not sheer at all, which is a plus in my book.

Pinky: Suzi & The 7 Dusseldorfs is a very fun, bright purple with a hint of shimmer.

Ring: Unfor-greta-bly Blue - I have a lot of polish in this cobalt blue shade these days, but I like it nonetheless.

Middle: German-icure by OPI is tricky to describe. It has a hint of purple, a bit of brown, and copper shimmer running through it. Good dimension and shine.

Pointer: Every Month is Oktoberfest is a gorgeous deep purple with a hint of ruby red and a lot of shimmer.

Thumb: Danke-Shiny Red, a bright, shimmery candy-apple red. Great formula and could have been a one-coater. It reminds me a bit of the classic China Glaze Ruby Pumps.

Left: Schnapps Out of It! - I’ll pass on this one. It’s hard to wear mauve without feeling really dated.

Right: Deutsche You Want Me Baby? is my favorite polish from this collection, and it happens to have an awesome name, too. It’s a shimmery pumpkin-orange, and I can’t wait to wear it this fall.

Overall, this is a very solid collection with great formulas across the board. I like a lot of them, but my top two are dark grey Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine! (despite the name) and the gorgeous orange Deutsche You Want Me Baby?.

Will you be picking up anything from this collection? Let me know in the comments!

1. August 3, 2012 12:38 PM

Ohhh the Oktoberfest color is so very similar to a shade I got YEARS ago (a Lancome mini) and haven’t been able to replace. I might finally have satisfaction – score!

2. August 3, 2012 1:53 PM

So many to choose from!!!I LOVE Danky-Shiny Red and Suzi & The 7 Dusseldorfs. I’m on a forced no-buy to save up for my yoga certification so I will admire from afar :)

3. August 3, 2012 3:38 PM

LOVE the first five and I’m okay with the other seven. I may have to hunt some of these down.

• August 3, 2012 8:41 PM

The cremes in this collection are really great, I don’t adore all the colors, but they all applied SO nicely.

4. August 3, 2012 6:50 PM

Germanicure is purple? The other bloggers said it was red so I was ready to pass on it. I plan on getting Nein Nein Nein Ok Fine! and Berlin There Done That

• August 3, 2012 8:40 PM

Hey Ninette. Germanicure is somewhere between red, burgundy, purple…hard to say…

5. skaytanik permalink
    August 5, 2012 9:17 AM

Even though it’s just swatches, I think the top picture makes a cute multi-color manicure :)

6. Elaine L permalink
    August 6, 2012 1:49 PM

Does Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine! look more like black IRL? Thanks.

7. Snippums permalink
    August 22, 2012 8:15 PM

Came across this post on Pinterest, loving your site so far! But… are you sure you don’t have German-icure and Oktoberfest backwards? I have Oktoberfest on my toes and German-icure on my fingers, and for me, the German-cure is much, much closer to the one on your middle finger, while Oktoberfest is more of the purple color.

Trackbacks