inside my birchbox, may 2012
My mailbox is generally just a home for bills and junk, so Birchbox day is always a special treat. Here’s what I got this month:
1. beautyblender blendercleanser: I tried this brush/sponge cleaner on a concealer brush and it cleaned it up nicely. I don’t love the lavender-y scent, but anything that will get me to clean my brushes is a good thing.
2. L’Etrog by Arquiste: I rarely wear perfume, but I’ll add this sample to my rotating “special occasion” stash. I don’t have a great nose for fragrance, but Birchbox says it has warm notes of citron, palm leaves, and myrtle.
3. Color Club Disco Nap: I really like Color Club, and Disco Nap is a gorgeous gold foil with a great formula. Foils are generally a little streaky, but this applied beautifully in two coats. Scroll down for a swatch photo!
4. Dr. Jart+ Waterfuse BB Cream: I’ve been trying to use natural skincare products as much as I can, and the ingredient list on this product is a little iffy. I have heard great things about BB creams though, so I’ll give this a try. If you’ve tried BB creams, what do you think of them?
5. Notecard (Birchbox Extra): Cute and simple, always good to have on hand.
6. Twistband Skinny Headband: Love this! I’ve used my regular twistbands nonstop since getting one in a box a few months ago (they’re great for big hair like mine), so I’m happy to have the headband version. I always want to wear a headband to yoga to keep the frizz back, but I hate the dents and headaches they always leave. I have high hopes for this one!
Are you a subscriber? If so, what’d you get in your box this month?