on her nails: jury duty edition

April 30, 2012

I just finished up a month-long stretch of jury duty, and while I’m not exactly jumping to do it again, my fellow jurors and I really made the best of it. It was almost like summer camp. A really long summer camp that you can’t tell anyone you’re attending, and if you don’t show up you get thrown in jail. I got to know these two lovely, stylish gals Andrika (Juror #7) and Annesha (Juror #5). Now you get to meet them, too.

Name: Andrika

Where are we today? I am at King’s County Jury Duty, where I was able to meet some awesome people with creative hobbies and outgoing personalities. It’s amazing how we all just got along as if we’ve known each other forever! The finale was bittersweet.

What are you wearing? I am sporting Sky Blue by SOO Nails.

Salon or do-it-yourself mani? I’m rocking my super cute do-it-yourself mani.

Dotted accent nail!

Why did you choose this color? I read on a horoscope website that azure blue was Virgo’s lucky color. This was the closest I could find!

Why do you wear nail polish? I wear nail polish because it’s fun, flirty, feminine, and fabulous. Plus, there are so many awesome colors!

If you could only wear one polish for the rest of your life, what would it be? Hmm, this is such a hard question. But I would have to say Teal Envy by Ruby Kisses. It’s very affordable and trendy for every season.

Name: Annesha

Where are we today? Jury duty. Fun.

What are you wearing? This is Fiesta Red by NK, that cheap brand.

Salon or do-it-yourself mani? Myself. Unless I’m going on vacation or getting all fancy, normally when I’m at home and bored I’ll do it myself.

Why did you choose this color? I went to the store to get some hair products and I noticed this color while browsing. It’s so fun and bright, so I wanted to try it.

Why do you wear nail polish? It just looks nice. It makes your hands nice and can make an outfit pop.

If you could only wear one polish for the rest of your life, what would it be? I’d have to say red. I like how it looks and it goes with basically everything.

What’s on your nails today? Yes, YOU! Let me know in the comments. Also, there’s still time to enter my Nails Inc. giveaway!

1. April 30, 2012 12:37 AM

Yay! After a few boring weeks I finally have something fun on my nails to comment about. I’m currently rocking Essie’s Sure Shot from the resort collection and I think it’s one of my new favorites.

2. April 30, 2012 7:38 AM

I’ve ALWAYS wanted to have jury duty (I know I’m probably the only one). I have the Zoya Birchbox Bloggers set on my hands, and I have Color Club Jackie Oh (the best thing I’ve ever gotten from a Birchbox) on my toes.

• April 30, 2012 7:59 AM

I’ve been playing around with those Zoyas and Jackie Oh (love) this weekend too, we’re on the same polish wavelength!

3. Turbulent Reality permalink
    April 30, 2012 10:20 AM

I’m rocking a nude mani! China Glaze’s Sunset Sail.

• April 30, 2012 3:44 PM

I haven’t tried any nudes from CG yet – what do you think?

• Turbulent Reality permalink
        May 1, 2012 6:57 PM

I love it! It blends in perfectly. My skin tone is around a slightly dark caramel so I was a little apprehensive, but it looks so flesh-like. You should definitely give it a try.

4. Steph permalink
    April 30, 2012 11:19 AM

Glitter french! Chanel Paradoxal with China Glaze Full Spectrum on the tips.

5. April 30, 2012 2:58 PM

Nice to have something good happen from jury duty – you all look like a lovely, lively, fun and funky group there (with great nails).
    I’m wearing China Glaze Harvest Moon today :)

6. April 30, 2012 7:04 PM

I have on OPI Happy Holi-grays with some designs in Sally Hansen Glitz Gal. If I ever get called for jury duty, I know what I’m doing.