on her nails: lisa

April 25, 2012

Meet Lisa, who is a super-smart and seriously funny member of the nail polish-lovin’ crew at the yoga studio. I spotted her stunning turquoise mani/pedi a few weeks ago, and I had to find out more…

Name: Lisa

Where are we? At a dinner party with my favorite fellow yogis.

What are you wearing? China Glaze Aquadelic

Salon or do-it-yourself mani?  This time – salon. I usually do my own manis although I almost always spring for the salon pedi. The more I do my own nails, the more it seems like I can do a better manicure than the salon, although it is nice to have someone else clean up my cuticles periodically.

Why did you choose this color? I love bright nail polish! I’m usually drawn to either blues/greens or oranges/corals.

Why do you wear nail polish? It is a fun way to mix up my look. I’m a minimalist with jewelry, but I love making a statement with my nails.

If you could only wear one polish for the rest of your life, what would it be? Definitely a shade of blue – probably either Essie Dive Bar or Essie Aruba Blue.

What’s on your nails today? Yes, YOU! Let me know in the comments!

1. April 25, 2012 8:27 AM

Today’s nail polish is Essie Russian roulette and Butter London Blagger. I think this blue from butter London has become my favorite blue and Russian Roulette from Essie my fav red. One of your earlier blogs made me want to hunt down a perfect red.

• April 25, 2012 8:42 AM

I don’t own Blagger but I’ve seen it on a friend and it is SO good! Thanks for commenting!

2. nailpolishblogger permalink
    April 25, 2012 10:35 AM

I have a gel manicure right now but I believe the shade is gelish gossip girl.

3. Turbulent Reality permalink
    April 25, 2012 10:51 AM

China Glaze Princess Grace :D

4. Ashley permalink
    April 25, 2012 11:08 AM

I went out and got your Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in white….love it!! So I did two coats of that with the OPI shatter in black, with a top coat. They’re so cool they look like zebra stripes!

5. lara ramos permalink
    April 28, 2012 4:50 PM

this is one of my favorite polishes of late! such a great way to embrace the neon trend without looking crazy