nail art: neon dip-dyed easter eggs

April 2, 2012

I get a daily fix of visual soul food from the amazing design blog Oh Joy!, and this guest post by Courtney of Merriment did not disappoint. Her neon dip-dyed Easter eggs are so fresh and fun. I couldn’t wait to bring this modern, spring-y look to my nails.

photo source: oh joy/merriment

I began with my go-to white polish, Sally Hansen xTreme Wear in White On. I wanted to use Scotch tape to get clean lines with the colors, so I let my white nails dry overnight to avoid smudging or pulling up the white polish with tape. If you want to freehand your colors, you can move along more quickly.

For my colors, I chose Sally Hansen xTreme Wear Fuchsia Power, Essie Pink-a-Boo, Mattese Elite Almost Famous, and Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Pool Boy.

I used Scotch tape to section off different egg-inspired patterns on each nail and began adding the colors.

I particularly like the gradient dip-dyed look you get by placing two shades of the same color next to each other, like I did on my pointer finger and pinkie.

I love white nail polish, and using it here really makes the bright colors pop. Stay tuned for more Easter nail art ideas throughout the rest of the week!

1. April 2, 2012 1:21 PM

I love these almost as much as I love Easter Candy, and you know how much that is!!

• April 2, 2012 4:19 PM

You’ll have to check out the Birchbox blog later this week for some Easter candy nails…I’ll keep you posted.

2. April 2, 2012 3:13 PM

So cool! Not only do I want to do neon egg decorating this weekend, but now you’re making me want to do this mani as well :) you have great ideas!

• April 2, 2012 4:18 PM

Thanks for reading, Becky! It’s a pretty simple mani and the results are so fun!

3. April 2, 2012 10:01 PM

❤ this!!

4. April 3, 2012 1:19 PM

This is fantastic – nice work!

5. April 4, 2012 10:18 PM

I love it! Easter colours make me extremely happy!

6. April 5, 2012 11:09 PM

That’s so pretty! I think I’ll do this for my easter nails!! Thank you for sharing it. :)

• April 5, 2012 11:26 PM

Thanks for commenting, Ashley! Your sketches in your Etsy shop are amazing.

Trackbacks

1. Bunnies and chicks oh my! Easter nail art | Marie, Oh Marie
  2. Easter Inspired Nail Art - Plus Size Beauty | Plus Size PLUS Model Magazine [The Pulse of Plus Size Fashion, Beauty, Arts and Plus Size Models]
  3. Nails Across America « Chic Little Black Dress